Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week ending on a good note

After a tumultous start of the week...farm helper moved out, could not get ahold of my hay guy and the hay I did find was way overpriced and not even alfalfa, money coming ut of the account unexpectedly (Justin's bill) , money not hitting the account as it should, running out of gas (someone siphoned?), pellet stove malfunctioning and filing the house with smoke, etc.  Its getting better now though. I had a rough day in Huntington yesterday with a visiting market manager with a chip on her shoulder- found out there is bad blood between the store manager and her and I just happened to be a target. She found out that I may be polite, but I won't stand for being told that I am not doing my work and threats to call my boss.  After I showed her proof I was doing my work properly and told her to go ahead and call my supervisor that I would be calling her to tell her to expect her call- she backed off. I was so angry though I could spit. I did manage to get most of my work completed thanks to a couple of DM's in the store that helped me out while she was out of sight, but was still in a horrible mood.
Brandon called me on my way back to Ft wayne and told me gas was shooting up, so got $60 worth (which is about gone in 24 hours) with having only one vehicle for 2 people. I took the truck in to check for damage from the accident last friday. No suspension damage...may have a bent rim, but will find that out when it goes to the shop for the dent repair as I was not going to pay for them to remove the tire and check as that was not included in the free inspection. Justin met me so he could pay back the money for the bill that Ashley lied about paying when he was in Iraq -that they took out of my account. We went over to the pet store as he needed advice on what to get for his fish tank. I was getting ready to leave when my brother called him and said there was a steak dinner at this bar for $6. I decided to take Tom out and skip cooking even though it was bar, so picked him up and headed over there to meet Justin and Mike.  Though my expectations were very low, the dinner was surprisingly good- the steak cooked perfectly and a nice size. I had a drink so let Tom drive home. Justin arrived a few minutes before we had to leave- he was busy messing with his tank. Got home and had a couple more drinks, after that I felt much better. I skipped emailing my boss about the incident earlier as she had requested. Considering my state-I thought it best to be able to spell and word things politely.  Reminded today why I drink rarely....upsets my stomach the next day.
Went to pick up the Jeep this morning and found the battery was dead. The shop said they had charged the battery yesterday....so needed a new one. Took Tom to work and headed over to one of my stores to check on a water display that I was supposed to assemble today. Wanted to be sure they had it pulled by the time I came back and make sure they had someone to assist, as it is a 2 person job. Found they had set up a large display of pop, chips and various dips that was half way to the ceiling in that spot and store manager would not move it till it sold down in 2 weeks. Stopped  home on my way to work in Columbia City and checked online for battery prices and online deals for a battery. Found that even though Advanced Auto was a little more, I could get it cheaper with a discount code they sent me. Bought a $72 battery for $46! Ordered it online with the store pick up option- picked it up on my way to get Tom from work. If anyone is interested, you can get up to 40% off too with my referral http://advanceautoparts.tellapal.com/a/clk/qYpH6 .
Got most of my store calls done, but I was running too late- thanks to drivers that like to go 10 miles under the speed limit, so will have to go back and finish the Ft Wayne store tomorrow morning. Tom could tell I had another rough day and bought me some chinese food on the way home so I wouldn't have to cook. He is taking care of the animals for me tonight too. What a sweetie.
I am going to take the truck to Brandon's tommorrow to fix the crack in the transfer case that Austin supposedly fixed before. Maybe it will keep me from having to add fluid so much or at all. Then I am going to pick the grandbabies and keep them for the night. I ran into Tabbi and the babies the other day at one of my stores. Peyton was so excited to see me. I miss them so- been almost a month! Work seems to be slowing down some though, so I should be able to see them more often soon.
Brandon has been harrassed this week. Somone posted a nasty ad on CL personals saying that he was looking for sex with men and wanted photos sent. It would have been kinda funny if they just posted it for a few hours then took it down, but they didn't and he was getting calls and penis photos all night. We managed to get that one removed with a report and many people flagging it but they put up another the next morning. This time saying his wife was a skinny b***** and that he wanted a large girl to have sex with. He found out when a girl called him. He is filing a report with the police. Hoping to find out who is doing this. Seems he really ticked off someone, but to make a personal attack on his wife is NOT right.  Well, better get the inside chicks taken care of and clean up the muddy footprints the dogs made. At least it was rather nice today and will be warmer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment