Thursday, March 31, 2011

I am sooo upset!


In my incubator I still could not get humidity above 36% and was adding a half a glass of water when I turned/tipped eggs twice a day...was really confused. Found out why this morning. I did not know there is HOLES drilled in the bottom tray. No where in the instruction booklet did it say that, no one else told me that...I was told by one person to put water in the bottom tray outside of the rings when I initially had probs getting the humidity up, so when I have been adding water- instead of moving the egg tray out of the bator, I have just been pouring it in beside the egg tray. I had the bator on a furniture pad on my antique cherry hutch, so until I added a full glass of water this morning, the pad was apparently absorbing what leaked out. This morning when I put in a full glass I heard water running. Lifted the incubator to see a stream running out the bottom! I found mold growing under the pad and the finish on my cabinet is now ruined! I am soooo ticked! Why would they drill holes into a bottom tray that is meant to hold water????

1 comment:

  1. I have written Miller manufacturing about it...will post what they have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete