Thursday, March 31, 2011

Puppies in the future?

According to the fertile focus testing, Crystal should have ovulated on 3/29. We got an AI done on the 28th and the 30th and will do one more on the 2nd.  If all goes right, we should have pups close to my birthday at the beginning of June. That would be a wonderful birthday present! Also will have kids (baby goats) around the same time, so I will certainly be able to get my "baby" fix :)
The chicks and ducklings came in- all survived the trip and are doing well. I put turkey eggs in the incubator on Sunday, so hoping to get some royal palm turkey babies from those. As a back up I ordered 5 royal palm poults from the feed store, which will be here on the 8th.  Need to get rabbits bred this weekend and get my chickens separated out by breed again.
Tom is working on installing the garden pond that has been sitting out here for almost a year. It will be so cool when it is finished!  We need to get the compost into the garden and the lime (according to Aunt Barb, that is why our sweet corn has not been very sweet the last couple years). We are planning on putting in the 3 raised beds for the raspberries and blueberries and herb garden this weekend too.  Will hold off on planting for another couple weeks though.  We have decided not to start any garden plants inside this year as with our schedules lately, would be too easy to forget to care for them.
Made a trip to South Bend this week to the dentist. As I figured, looking at some major work, but at least now there is hope of being able to eat steak and smile again since I now have 2 dental insurance plans and a care credit card (thanks to Tom). 
Tabitha is supposed to come over on Friday so I can visit with the grandbabies. I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment