Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ready for spring!

I got a call that the chicks I asked Ideal to notify me about when they were ready will be ready on the first. I was driving and could not give credit card info though. Came home and was looking through Craig's List and found someone who has a trio adult Salmon Favorelle's for sale. Got the call tonight that they actually have a quad! So tomorrow I will drive out and pick up the 3 hens and roo. Also found someone who is selling the extra BB bronze turkeys they ordered but is not hatched yet. I told them I would take a few, then got to thinking about where they are ordering from and found that they have Royal Palms. Called them back and asked if they could add on some and I would pay difference (save me from having to order 15 of them). Then I found out that Porter Turkey's is only an hour away...and the place that has the BB's is only 15 mins from there and right on the way....so  emailed them to see if they allow pick ups and if they will sell smaller numbers that way and if they have any hatching soon.  If so, I can get Blue Palms!  If so, I will tell the guy, no worries about the Palms and just dash on up to Porter's and pick up some of both. Now I need to call back Ideal and finish my order and tell them to take off the Salmon Favs, though I may have to order more to cover cost...but if they have RIR's available, my friend Michelle said she wants some, so will add those on instead.
I got the lettuce, spinach, peppers, brussel sprouts and broccoli seeds planted. Going to get what will hopefully be the last load of firewood for the season tomorrow. Also going to try to get some dogs groomed.
I am going to have Austin work on finishing "rabbit hotel" so that I can start getting rabbits bred again. I need to get the does thier vaccines tomorrow as they are due to kid in 3 weeks and get the stalls ready. Even though we got a couple of inches of snow very early this morning, it was 40 today and it all melted....I can smell spring! My daffodils and hycyniths are sprouting and there is something with wide leaves coming up under the tree in the mixed bulb garden. Tom thinks iris's but I don't see any in the other beds popping...so I am thinking tulips maybe. I just hope the trees hold off budding..especially the fruit trees....I want peaches this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment