Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Early Spring!


It seems as we got over this year and have an early spring. We had a couple weeks that were actually summer like so I got to get a start on my tan to avoid burning when I work outside. The baby goats Frick and Frack are growing well.  I let them out of thier stall today to see how it would go with the rest of the herd and it went well, Faline intervened if Buster got too near when he was rambunctious. So they are now able to hang with the herd with mom to keep them protected. I snapped a few photos of them while they were playing on a straw filled pallete.

They are not as freindly as Buster, but I have not had the chance to spend as much time with them either. They will come around. Loki who was scared to death of people when I first got him, now loves to be petted and scratched and comes up looking for attention.

I found a milk bucket finally and the strainer came in, so now just need a milking stand I will be ready to start milking every morning. I want to order a yogurt machine as I doubt I will use all the milk to drink. Next will be cheese making supplies.

I worked trying to get strawberries planted today. I only found a few plants had come up so bought more. I started to plant a realized there was more under the 6 inches of mulch Tom had put over them a few weeks ago. So only got 10 plants in as I spent lots of time cleaning out most of the mulch and putting it in the butterfly garden. 

I have more herbs that came back- now have sage, rosemary, mint, basil and parsley! Also I need to take the mint out of my butterfly garden- it is now taking it over. If I can find my trowel I will do that after work tomorrow. I have some people interested in buying some, selling it for $1 a pot and will use the money from that to get more plants.
We are hoping to get the garden tilled this weekend and start getting cold weather plants and seeds in.  Looks like Easter will be spent doing this before and after we have the family pot luck. Hey, maybe I can enlist some help from everyone in exchange for dinner! Kidding of course LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment