Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring has sprung!

Tom has been working on cleaning up the property, saving the bathroom for rainy days when he is off.  It was in the low 60's today! I got the bird feeders filled and out, the chickens, ducks and turkeys are back in the coop and we are still waiting on kids. Looks like Faline is the only one that took. She is huge! I would not be shocked if she had triplets. I checked the goats eyelids yesterday and it looks like I have a couple that need wormed. Will do that on Tuesday when I will be home. I would like to pick up some chicks at the farm store this week. I will see what they have when I go in, would like to get some aussies and white rocks.  If not, I am still placing an order with Ideal for the rest of the chicks (brahams, cochins and cornish). I am  going to try making some new varieties of Brahmas and Cochins....Partridge brahams, silver laced brahmas, gold laced brahama and blue partridge brahams and blue partridge standard cochins.
The salmon favs I picked up are so sweet. I was petting the rooster and the hens the other day :)
My seeds are not doing very well as far as sprouting goes. The lettuce did well but only got a couple peppers and a couple broccoli - I replanted once, if nothing more by next weekend will replant again. I started tomato seeds a couple days ago.
 I got in the faucet for the tub- it is one of the victorian ones with a hand held shower. Still waiting on the swing arms and supply lines to be delivered. Work has been slow. I wish it would pick up a little bit so I can afford to get more things accomplished- but at least I have more time to devote to the farm.  I am planning on getting the rabbits bred on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment